On the 9th of Ramadan 2007 I had an accident. Some kind of domestic accident, but it was serious and put me in bandages through the rest of the month. It's also noteworthy that I was on sick leave for a month. I went through a lot then. I was no longer me. I was someone else. Someone who can't open her eyes or see properly. Some one who had to be drove every night to the hospital and be exposed to the looks of pity and unease by other patients. I dare say I was strong then. God gave me power I didn't know I posses. I remember that a week after the accident I went out driving and running errands, although I couldn't see much and spent half of the time with my eyes closed and the other half wiping off the running ointments and tears. That, I didn't tell anyone of.
9th of Ramadan 2008. I left work at 3.10 p.m. At 3.12 p.m. I have a car accident. The biggest I had ever had.The front windshield was completely shattered. The airbags all opened up on me. I can't remember exactly what has happened. I remember me driving like I drive every day. Perhaps at 80-90 km/h. I remember I saw a car coming from the opposite direction and not stopping before turning to the left, where I was. I remember pressing the horn then stepping on the brakes. Then realizing that I will hit his car. And that's it. i do not remember anything else. I can't tell if I stepped on the brakes as needed. I do not remember hearing the bang sound, which was pretty loud I was told. The other car, a Korean Chevrolet, was badly badly damaged and really nothing compared to my Kia Spectra tailored for the US market. I lost sense of time. I think when I opened the car door and stepped down someone ran with a cup of water to give me. I thanked him and told him was fasting. He looked at me in a weird way then told the one who sent him "she won't drink. She says she's fasting." He said it in such a shocked way that I was wondering is it really Ramadan? Another guy came and started asking me if I had kleenex in my car. I do not think I answered him, but I remember trying to open the back doors, which wasn't successful.
Then came the police, the civil defense people and the fire engine. My colleagues came out of no where. Several people stopped and asked me if I needed help. I sure did, as I wasn't able to stand up. But as there was no blood anywhere I thanked them politely and briefly.
Dad showed up 15 minutes later. He took my keys massaged my hands as I couldn't feel them, and sent me off to the hospital in an ambulance.
I do not know. What should I do on the 9th of Ramadan 2009?
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment