Not to he who is offensive to us are we most unfair, but to he who does not concern us at all.
Friedrich Nietzsche
There is really an extremely fine line between being kind-hearted, forgiving, caring and being naive.
I think I haven't only crossed that line, but have stormed into the line separating naivety from stupidity as well.
I caught myself yesterday worrying about him. The person whose dagger is still deeply planted in my heart. I'm a worrying person by nature. At all times I have to know that all the people I care about, is it appropriate to care about him? I dunno, are doing well. "Well" resembles a state I wish for them. The best shape and place ever. However, this, I know, has extended beyond the limits of logic. I didn't know I cared that much.
I worried about him. About his studies. The dissertation. What ever happened to that chapter? Is the supervisor giving him the time he needs? Is he getting enough sleep? Is he eating well? What about his classes? Can he manage? Will he be able to graduate in 2010? Is he applying for jobs? He wanted to tell me. I wanted to know. He would have told me. I would have asked. But the fact is that I shut him down. No other option was available, sadly.
"It's out of concern." The sentence that I would often repeat. Yet now, it has to be forgotten.
Above all I worry because I know no one he knows worries about him the way I do..

No comments:
Post a Comment